PG1 Course – The Start of the Journey
The PG1 Course is the first 6 flights towards your full pilot rating or PG2.
The PG1 is great if you are still unsure if you want to do a PG2 course. It allows you to get a feel for the sport and achieve a minimum of 6 flights from the training hill. If you have limited time, maybe you are on holiday in Queenstown, or you can only get a few days off work then the PG1 could be for you.
Lasting approximately 2 days, the first day of the course is the intro day course. On day 2 our instructional team will continue to work with you on the training hill and refine your launch and landing skills through your PG1 flights. There will also be some theory which includes taking the PG1 written test, which again is closely guided by our instructors.
Following completion of PG1, students may choose to continue with their PG2 license.
- Correctly unpack/pack the paraglider and harness and correctly lay out the paraglider.
- Demonstrate the 5-point pre-flight check.
- Demonstrate canopy establishment (inflation) - check, correct and take-off or cancel take-off.
- Have completed at least 6 satisfactory paragliding flights, showing consistently good take-offs, landings, and directional control.
- Be able to land in a standing position.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hard landing technique.
- Demonstrate a safe attitude towards paragliding.
- Kept an accurate up to date log book.
- Own or have access to a training manual.
- Satisfactorily complete the PG1 written exam.
Take the jump to 'real' flying.