Information on Infinity Courses
Welcome to the information page about our range of courses. Our school operates a full range of course options from beginners to advanced pilots. See below for more information on our courses...
If you are new to the sport and you are thinking about which course would suit, you have 3 options available, the Introductory Day, the PG1 and the PG2. Information on all these courses can be found below.
Already you are making the correct choices with regards to learning to fly, as you are researching our school. This is one of the best things you can do before you decide you are going to learn to fly, do your research and ask pilots in your area what they think. We are confident that because we dedicate all out time and resources to teaching and we are proud of the students we produce; local pilots will recommend us, get opinions from them and become an informed purchaser.
Please note Infinity school is unique within NZ as we operate to be flexible to the students timeframe, we do not offer block courses because we are always available on flyable days, a student can fly on whichever day they are free, awesome!!
Key points about Infinity Paragliding school are:
- We provide an N.Z.H.G.P.A. approved license and teach to this syllabus. We adhere strictly to this and always aim to surpass this standard.
- We operate throughout the year but predominately in the main season between November and April.
We can start any course at any time, although we do try to start students together so they can learn from each other visually while under instruction.
- Our instructional team are highly experienced and understand the local sites and weather patterns intimately. There is more info on the team and the local sites on the `About Infinity` page.
- We operate at a world-class site for paragliding instruction, with a 700m height difference between the take-off and the landing zone, the `Flightpark`, a huge area dedicated solely to paragliding and hang-gliding with onsite café.
- We take pride in issuing PG2 licenses to pilots when we are satisfied you have the skill level to fly safely and be confident and therefore have fun.
- We prefer not to rush students through a PG2 in block courses, we allow the student to learn at their own pace and fly on the days they are available and wish to fly.
- We only charge per flight within the PG2 syllabus and not a daily rate, this way you only pay for the flights you achieve and not for anything else.
- Ground handling - Reverse ground handling - charged per hour.
- Theory night, including exams are charged separately.
- If you are an overseas student you can convert your NZ PG1 or PG2 rating to an internationally recognized qualification, the IPPI (International Pilots Proficiency Index) Para pro 3.
- We operate package deals on equipment and courses. You can get a great discount on your equipment if you buy from us at the start of the course or during your PG1.
We are open 7 days a week, weather permitting, so please give us a call or drop us an email, or come over to our flying site and have a chat, we will be happy to give you all the info you need. All the best, the Infinity Team.